THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 15, 2010

Our sweet friends in Haiti...

UPDATE: Betty and Gersan have over 400 "refugees" on their church property. Their home-church, Grace Covenant, has updates on their story and here is an awesome article about them!!!! Thank you for your prayers!

I just wanted to ask yall to pray for our dear friends the Valcins (sounds like val-seen) who live in Port-au-Prince. Gersan (sounds like "ger" as in "germ" and "sawn") is a pastor and plants churches all over the country. He has the most beautiful sweet fun wife Betty and two teenage daughters, Deborah and Elizabeth. We know them because they stayed in our house with us for about 6 weeks when raising support in the U.S. and we have mutual friends because Gersan graduated from DTS many years ago. My husband and I love them so much and cannot think of anyone in the whole world whom we admire more...he is an amazing speaker and leader and a passionate kind person and he is always so hopeful and positive about the work God is doing in Haiti. I just start crying when I think about them being there right now without food, water or a home or anything and all the dangers they face in the coming aftermath. We have word from their mission agency that they are alive, but there is no way to communicate with them since there is no electricity and I am waiting to see if there is any way to help them through their mission agency. Please pray that God will protect them and give them wisdom and strength and use them as leaders during this time. I have this short trailer video of Gersan from 2007 about the work he does. Thanks! http://www.jointhestory.org/haitimedia.htm love, april

1 comments:

Jeff said...

Hey Mureens - Jeff Ward here. Hope you are doing well. Through crazy coincidence landed on your blog and just read this about your Haitian friend. I'd like to learn more about his ministry there. Can you e-mail me his contact info jward@watermark.org. Thanks and God bless!