Ok, so maybe the healing is in the telling, because I was thinking about it all and after I had written it I kept changing it by adding in details (because more than anything else I want this blog to tell an accurate story of our lives for us to look back on someday) and then it hit me and I was STUNNED. I feel anxious, frustrated, discontent and angry because I do not have anything that really I want....and deep down I hate God because He has all these things and I think He should share more of them with me if He loves me so much...I think He should let me be god.
So I wrote out this list of everything I want....
- I want unlimited resources touse at my discretion…I want for poor people to be able to ask me for the thingsthey need and for me be able to help them and be able to give them what they need
- I want (well "need" is more accurate) more time for me
- I do not want to have to worry about money
- I want adoration…especiallyfrom my husband
- I want people to always like me (and for people to always like Jon and my kids, too)
- I want everlasting beauty(that does not fade like the flowers!)
- I want to be in Control...of all the drivers on the road when I am, and of everything else
- I want to save the world bybecoming nothing like Mother Theresa and then at the end of my life be givenlots of glory for doing it and inspiring others to do the same (I seriously daydream about this)
- I want self-sufficiency
- I want order...I am so tired of my life being run by chaos
- I want praise and affirmationfrom others for the job that I am doing
- I want to be given gifts
- I want to be strong andfearless and safe and invincible
- I want to know all things…Iwant to be the one who keeps tabs on all the bad guys and knows exactly wherethey are at all times and that they are not near my children at all times andnot outside my window
- I want to have the power tomake a difference in the world
- I don't want any people or animals to ever hurt or feel lonely.
- I want to be famous
- I want to be watched
- I want for people to readthings I write and think, “Wow.”
- I want for people be able toread a book written about me and my story and say, “Wow, she was an amazing andbrilliant person.”
- I want to have it togetherand for people to look at me and think, “Wow.”
- I want to be able to dowhatever I want whenever I feel like it and nothave to do things I don’t feel like doing!
- I want to have endless energyand not require healthy food and rest
- I do not want to be heldaccountable by time
- I do not want to haveconsequences…I want to be the one who controls my own cause and effect (forexample, if I eat 10 vegetables a day, I want to be able to guarantee that Iwill not get cancer because of it)
- I do not want to do things over and over (like cook,clean, rest, work, exercise, read my Bible, pray, etc...)
- I want to be able to hand-pickgovernment leaders and be able to have them consider my thoughts on how thingsshould be
- I want to never get sick anddie
- I do not want to be dependent on anything or any one
- I want to not have to EVERhave a boss
- I want to be able to stop badthings from happening to people
- I want to make the rules thatevery one has to obey (and them be able to make them obey them)
- I want to be able to makepeople do the right things
- I want to decide what heavenand eternity are like…I’m not really excited about heaven at all, in fact Idread it b/c our family won’t be together as a family any more…it will be agigantic family
- And above all I want to be righteous!!! I want for God to look at me and say, "Wow! I'm very impressed with what she's done with all that I gave her."
- God you have
I wantunlimited resources touse atmyyour discretion…I want for poor people to be able to askmeyou for the thingsthey need andme be ablefor you to help them and give them what they need because you are able to do it - I want (well "need" is more accurate) need more time for
meGod I do not want toGod, you do not have to worry about moneyI want adoration…especiallyfrom my husbandGod, I adore you. I want Jon to adore you.I wantGod, you are sovereign over whether or not peopleto alwayslike me (and you are sovereign over whether or notforpeopletoalwayslike Jon and my kids, too)I wantGod you have everlasting beauty(that does not fade like the flowers!)I want to beGod you are in Control...of all the drivers on the road when I am, and of everything elseI want to save the world bybecoming nothing like Mother Theresa and then at the end of my life be givenlots of glory for doing it and inspiring others to do the same (I seriously daydream about this)God you have saved the world by sending Jesus into the poorest and neediest parts and caring about these precious people. You will be given lots of glory for doing this and inspiring others (like Mother Theresa, but still only you have the power to save) to do the same.I want self-sufficiencyGod you are self-sufficient.I want order...I am so tired of my life being run by chaos.God you are the beginning and the end and therefore You give order.I wantGod I praise and affirmationfrom othersyou for the job that Iamyou are doingI want to be given giftsGod I want you to be given giftsI want to beGod you are strong andfearless and safe and invincibleI want toGod, you know all things…Iwant to be the one who keepsYou keep tabs on all the bad guys and knowsexactly wherethey are at all times andthat they are notif they are near my children at all times andnotif they are outside my windowI want toGod you have the power tomake a difference in the worldIGod you don't want any people or animals to ever hurt or feel lonely. Is this why you hate sin so much?I want to beGod you are famousI want to beGod you are watchedI want forGod, people to readthingsIyou write and think, “Wow.”I want forGod, peoplebeare able toread a book written aboutmeyou andmyyour story and say, “Wow,she wasHe isanamazing andbrilliantperson.”I want toGod you have it togetherandforpeopletolook atmeyou and think, “Wow.”I want to be able toGod you dowhateverIyou want wheneverIyou feel like it and you do nothave to do thingsIyou don’t feel like doing!I want toGod you have endless energyand do not require healthy food and restI do not want to beGod you are not heldaccountable by timeI do not want to haveGod you are above consequences…I want to beYou are the one who controls my own cause and effect (forexample, if I eat 10 vegetables a day,I want to be able to guarantee thatyou decide if Iwill not get cancer because of it)IGod you do notwanthave to do things over and over (like cook,clean, rest, work, exercise). There is nothing you have to do because your being is not dependent upon your choices.I want to beGod you are able to hand-pickgovernment leaders andbeable to have them considermyyourthoughtscommands on how thingsshould beI want toGod you never get sick anddieI do not want to beGod you are not dependent on anything or any oneI want toGod you do not have to EVERhave a bossI want to beGod you are able to stop badthings from happening to peopleI want toGod you make the rules thatevery one has to obey (andthem beyou are able to make them obey them)I want to beGod you are able to makepeople do the right thingsI want toGod you decide what heavenand eternity are like…I’m not really excited about heaven at all, in fact Idread it b/c our family won’t be together as a family any more…it will be agigantic familyAndGod you are above allI want to bethe only one who is righteous and holy!!! Iwant forlook at Godto look at meand say, "Wow! I'm very impressed with whatshe'syou've done with all that I gaveherYou."
1 comments:
Honey! I am just reading this and also your last post. I am so sorry and so thankful. Thankful for YOU - for your courage and your generosity in sharing.
So many giants of the Bible despaired for their lives at certain times. God used it all for good. I know He will do that here.
Others will be ministered to through YOU and your faith and your openness. And yet, as your friend, I selfishly wish you did not have to go through this, even to eventually help other people. :-) However, His plan is perfect, and you love to ease the suffering of others, so I can put my selfish thoughts aside and rejoice in this (I think I can, I think I can...)
It's amazing to read how much you craved perfection and felt inadequate in all that you did - that makes me want to cry because you are wonderful just as He made you.
I am praying praying praying as you set out on this road that some would call "recovery" and should be simply called DRAWING NEARER to Him! Out of the muck and mire with you - He is drawing you out of that pit and setting you on the solid Rock. Much love to you!
Post a Comment