THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Adjusting to 3...


Maybe it's b/c Anna Kate cried unless she was being held the first year of her life or maybe it's because J.R. did huge spit-ups every time after he ate b/c of acid reflux and would NEVER take a bottle (= no babysitters, just me), but Caroline just seems like such an easy baby.








Today we went to Anna Kate's ballet class then to the grocery store with all 3 kids successfully...if I had a dollar for every time people commented, "You've got your hands full," or "You're busy," I'd be a rich woman. Every once in a while someone will say, "Oh children are a precious blessing" but usually people are more of the "Birth control is a blessing-take advantage of it" variety. I have always wanted a big family for some reason, but even so, being comfortable around children (especially the idea of being around them 24/7 when I had my own someday) didn't come naturally for me, but with each child I have, I just appreciate children more and more and all the joy they bring into my life...and each day I feel like I love each of my children even more than I did yesterday...





But I am really busy actually...I go from...










  • changing Caroline's diaper





  • to changing J.R.'s diaper





  • to nursing Caroline





  • to feeding Anna Kate and J.R. who are always hungry





  • to getting every one down for naps and keeping them down for naps and praying they all sleep at the same time for as long as possible so I can sleep too





  • to the usual messes and misshaps (see previous post...there are many more where this came from)





  • to it taking *FOREVER* to get every one out of the house with the things every one needs and every one clothed and bathed (baths are a step we might have skipped actually...except for J.R. who gets bathed or showered at least once daily because he gets SOOOO DIRTY)





  • ...not to mention everything it takes to run our household like bills, laundry, pets, errands, laundry, meals etc...there's really no time to do anything else...




All this on very little sporatic sleep...The hardest thing is coping with night-time chirping/grunting from Caroline (newborns are pretty noisy sleepers). Jon and I are pretty tired...but it's only for.....zzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Beautiful family! you're doing a great job!

sheltonfamily said...

What a great picture of my life to come in just 2 months! I have very messy children as well so I know about the constant messes! I am so glad that Caroline is being easy for you. Hope to see you soon!

Leigh said...

Keep up the great work! It does get easier and time passes so quickly. One day you will wake up and Caroline will be primping in the mirror. Cherish each day!