Anna Kate stayed home from school on Halloween day b/c she'd had a horrible cough and cold...the 3 siblings had soooo much fun playing together ALL DAY in the most heart-warming ways that I almost considered home-schooling Anna Kate so they could be together all the time :) A little halloween "treat" they got was fish broth...I totally bribed them with the promise of a toy from the Dollar Tree...but I tell you what...the next day - all of there coughs and sniffles were GONE...it is some seriously stinky, but seriously powerful stuff to cure what ails you...one little tip - cook it in the crockpot for 18 hours in the garage :)
But what mom can deny their children, despite their colds, Halloween evening? I couldn't. Mostly because I didn't have a choice b/c I was one of the ladies in charge of neighborhood parties so I had to go and do all this stuff...I struggled w/ my attitude that night b/c I felt like the most-pregnant and least-able-to-walk person in the world.
Trick-or-treating...I totally rode in the car b/c I couldn't walk by then! We did get the kids to bed early, though :) Thanks to Jon...he is AMAZING at getting the kids to bed w/ their teeth brushed and Bible Story read (I skip those steps if I ever put them to bed...I kind of think that the types of people with more self-discipline do better at putting kids to bed than people like me with none who never even put themselves to bed :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment