We celebrated Anna Kate's 3rd birthday Sunday and Jon's sweet family joined us!!!
We played "Pin the Purse on the Shopper..." (obviously Anna Kate tried to peek, but we didn' t let her get away with it even though it was her birthday ;)
J.R. sporting his party hat...
Presents!!!

The requested brown "lambie" cake (the cake was chocolate).
Letting Trey blow out her birthday candles because she blew out his last week.
Our little "sweet tooth" finished that right away....before his mama even realized he'd been given a piece of cake!!!
Anna Kate (far left) in her first pre-ballet class since she finally turned 3 and could take it...she LOVES ballet and dances "ballet" all the time...especially when she turns on her Enya music and has anyone willing to be her audience. She tells me she wants to be a "princess ballerina" someday. She actually named the Princess Ballerina Barbie she got for her birthday after her ballet teacher, Mrs. Janie, because she said that they look alike. The only other thing she's ever talked about being when she grows up is a nurse, "Because I want to give people shots," she says. She plays nurse all the time on her baby dollies and animals and J.R. when he'll cooperate...she brought her new nurse kit to my last doctor appt. to "help the doctor." :)
On her "real" birthday (not party day) I asked her where she'd eat if she could eat anywhere and she said, "I would like Chinese food mom." So we went to a Chinese buffet and I loaded up her plate and she ate it all and totally pigged out :)
She does not like to take baths or showers.
One other fun thing to note about Anna Kate is that invariably ANY person she sees that is about her age is, "her friend." She NEVER meets a stranger in the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 year age range and is it's so cute how she introduces herself to them and asks their names (and I never even taught her to do this!!...well, or anything else for that matter...she teaches herself everything) and then proceeds to play with them and then whenever we're leaving she enthusiastically tells me about the "new friend(s)" she has. Then she'll say, "But Trey is my best friend."

3 comments:
Did you know that Trey thanks God for Anna Kate almost every night. I love the bond that those two share. They are so different, but it works. Thanks for letting Trey blow out the candles, he loved it!
Happy Birthday Anna Kate! How are you feeling April?
We loved Anna Kate's party! It was so fun and you dd a great job! I'm so glad she is getting to go to ballet class! I'm sure she loves it.
Post a Comment