Caroline has this smile just glued on her face...especially when her brother or sister are around...now that she can crawl she just follows them non-stop.
Anna Kate still land-scapes (aka doll-scapes or more accurately stuff-scapes) our house with her "junk." I'll hear a pitter-patter for like 10 minutes and I know she's in the process of transferring her "junk" to a new location in the house to arrange it just-so...and she's constantly adding "new" junk to her stuff-scapes. I hope these things make me laugh someday, b/c right now they are just a constant mess.
You'll NEVER guess what time it is!!! Time to feed Caroline...again...and again...and again. Speaking of Caroline, I am weaning her...she didn't eat mommy's milk all day, just the bottle. I feel SOOOOOO guilty about doing this and pouring that powder into a bottle...it's soooo easy!!! I don't have a good reason for weaning her except that I'm tired of nursing...of being a milk-machine. I nursed Anna Kate for 14 months and J.R. for 11 months and Caroline is the only baby who has ever had any formula....and she eats a ton more baby food than her brother and sister, too...maybe the formula people get kick-backs from the babyfood people for putting something in the milk that makes babies really hungry for those solids ;)
Last weekend was a BLAST. We went to the last high school football game of the season. Anna Kate had been talking so much about how she wants to go to a game because she wants to be a cheerleader.
So she was! She did all the dance moves with the drill teams...so cute.
J.R. just couldn't wipe the smile off his face and held his football the whole time...he loved it.
Caroline had fun too...but she did get a little tired towards the end...we wanted to make it through half-time to see the bands and drill teams, but by the time half-time was over, it was WAY past her bedtime.
This is Anna Kate at the same age in the same adorable hat. I think they look so different as babies! This weekend was a stinker b/c Jon was gone all weekend as a groomsmen in one of our best friend's, Steve and Christina Lecholop's, weddings...weddings are just so hard for us to attend together during our life-stage b/c they seem to always be out-of-town and you can't find an overnight or out-of-town sitter for 3 kids ages 4 and under, so you are pretty much out of options. By the time all our kids are old enough for us to leave them, I think every one we know who is getting married will be married! Good thing I'm a "stay-home mom" b/c that's what I do best!!! (Who am I kidding, I would LOVE a weekend get-away with my husband). Thankfully my parents came up Friday night to help me out. For about a month J.R. has me call "Mammaw" (my mom) so that he can tell her he wants a blue car. So she brought him a blue car and boy does he love that thing...cracks me up. Blue sports cars are his passion at the moment.
My sister got mugged tonight at gun-point in Austin...so thankful he took her purse and she's ok!!!
Our house is still for sale...it's been 4 weeks now...no one has looked at it in the past two except for two realtor tours (they aren't going to buy our house). I'm fine if we stay...today I kind of just wanted to stay and call it a day. I would like to move (mostly b/c I want a pier/beam foundation house really bad b/c it's easier to stand and walk on for my back than our slab foundation), but I love our house, too, and the market has just been tanking since we put our house on the market so now might not be the best time to sell. Jon wants to take it off so it doesn't become a "stale" listing and bring out all our "stuff" again from the attic then re-list in the spring, but I don't have any desire to "re-list." I want to get it sold by the end of December, or just decide to stay forever. (I'm so much more black/white about stuff than Jon and I can't stand the uncertainty of whether we'll be staying or moving).
Tomorrow Jon is taking the morning off work to take me and the kids to get every one swine flu shots and Anna Kate's 4 yr vaccines. Oh it will be quite an adventure I'm sure!
Now I need to update our mid-month finances on Quicken..or maybe I should just go to bed now since it's 1am.
1 comments:
It's not the last game of the season, they made it to the play offs...see you at the game on friday? Ha. I like your pictures!
Post a Comment