THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 4, 2009

How to make a long story short???

We decided to stay in our house. We originally put it on the market it because it was time to refinance and we decided we would rather move to another elementary school with more "community-feeling-neighborhoods," but after touring that elementary school (I never toured it until after our house was on the market...oops) and ours...I LOVE our elemtary school...it's perfect. And I love our house. So by-golly I'm just going to make our neighborhood "community-feeling" and who says you can't have it all?!?

So there were a few things about our house that were "bugging me," but I wasn't too worried about since we'd be moving...

  1. The lack of space in our breakfast and dining rooms
  2. The wall color that was the color of "people who have been dead a few days" (and yes, we just painted it that color at the beginning of this year, but I was trying to match the color that was already in a couple of rooms to save money, but that color was sun-bleached and impossible to match so we ended up with the color of "people who have been dead a few days" and once it started looking wrong to me, I just couldn't get it out of my head and it made me sick every time I'd look at it...which is a lot when it's the color of almost your whole house)
  3. The dad-burned slab foundation that is as hard as a rock, literally, when you stand or walk on it all day...which is what I do as a stay-home mom...usually carrying one of my hearty beans (kids)

So....when it hit Jon and I on the same day at the same time that it was ridiculous to move from this FABULOUS perfect house (except for the affor-mentioned deficiencies) I told him I wanted to stay but fix those "minor" imperfections because we saved TONS of money by not having to pay for a move, and he agreed (because he's perfect without any imperfections whatsoever).

So...amidst traveling to both parents for Thanksgiving...I have been "perfecting" my home. Well, gees, talk about an undertaking. Our wonderful far-beyond-handyman-because-he-can-do-ANYTHING, Moses, painted our whole house and the paint color definitely looks better and matches our things better except a few things aren't right with it and the more you change, the more there is to change. So that's where I am at. I'm frustrated. It's not going to be perfect...we need to wait to do more until the graduate school loans are paid off...but I get so obsessed with wanting it to "look right." I should probably just cook my family a home-ade meal which is something they haven't seen since Thanksgiving or do the laundry or decorate for Christmas...but I want to feel satisfied with how it looks before I "move" onto anything else.

Now I am off to take a nap. I feel like I can't nap when workers are here b/c I feel like it makes me look lazy, even though I do usually nap every day. So long story short -- for real this time -- I'm exhausted.

p.s. Thanksgiving was WONDERFUL. I really enjoyed both visits with family. I have so much to be thankful for. Pics coming soon hopefully.

1 comments:

Christine said...

At least we'll know where to find you when we move to Dallas. We'll be moving by the end of Dec.