was hit by a drunk-driver going over 100mph the day after Thanksgiving on her 42nd birthday. She died instantly. I didn't know her very well at all because she is my step-sister and much older than me, but I always remember her being stunningly beautiful with navy blue eyes and long blonde hair and her face was the most angelic-looking I have ever seen and she was always smiling. She could have had any guy in the whole world with her beauty and charm, but she was always dating guys that ended up in prison. I also remember her telling my mom, she called my mom "Jeanie," what a good cook my mom was whenever she was at our house. But that is all that I remember of her. The guy she was dating at the time of her death was with her in the car and he died too...our sister Christy said he was the nicest guy Debbie had ever dated. Debbie had a really hard life -- her mom left my dad when she was really young, so she didn't have the wonderful family to grow up in that I did. She had 5 children...they were closer to my age than Debbie was, and one passed away as a baby. She almost always lived very far away in Wyoming. She and her boyfriend died in Florida where they had recently moved to. I am sad that I don't have one picture of her and there has never been a picture taken of us together. I am sad that Jon and my kids never met her. I am so sad for her sweet children and I hope that I will get to see them soon.
Hope for the Limping Soul
13 years ago
3 comments:
So sorry to hear about that terrible tragedy and right after Thanksgiving. I hope that drunk driver never drives again!
April,
I'm so sorry to read your post. What a tradegy. Adding my prayers for your family and hers,
Laura
I am so so sorry for the loss. That is so hard on so many levels. Praying for you, your dad, her children and all involved.
Post a Comment