THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Car trouble, house trouble, all kinds of trouble...

The end of May and beginning of June brought Jon's heaviest work-schedule and on-slought of broken things that were expensive like...

  1. a gas pipe leak/repair
  2. plumbing back-up
  3. upstairs A/C went out
  4. our car battery bit-the-dust
  5. our car head-lights went out and mechanic still can't figure out why
  6. my retainer of 16 years broke (I stepped on it) and had to replace it
  7. broke my (kind of new) Blackberry when I accidentally ran over it with my car
  8. vacuum broke (thankfully it was under warranty - PTL)
  9. locked our petsitter out during a weekend trip and a locksmith had to let them in
  10. sprinkler system pooped out

Additionally, we had an older friend from church, Gail, stay with us for 2 1/2 weeks because she didn't have a place to live until her new apartment was available. She has had the most difficult life of anyone I have ever known and she was/is going through a lot emotionally right now with the sudden death of her husband, so it was hard for me....but I learned A LOT and God got us through it.



Here she is with my friend Jamey looking at our car...Jamey was simply a Godsend at this moment in time :)

The really good news is that Jon and the kids and I are all ok and all the broken things were just stuff and everything is fixed…except the car head-lights…well, our landscaping is just a disaster…that’s another post…and we have a chronic fruit-fly and mosquito problem…that’s not another post – I’ll spare you :)

0 comments: