THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

We FINALLY had JR's 2nd bday party!!!!

We had to work around Jon's schedule of friends' weddings, but we finally had it and it was a blast!!
Front door

The cake that took forever to make...the topper is a piggy bank from Target that I painted eyes on and set on stilts (it's the 2nd one...b/c the JR broke the 1st one a few posts back). It was a white cake with crushed oreos mixed with chocolate frosting for the filling and it was a big hit!

Our first guest was sweet Aunt Judy who came all the way from Georgia! We invited mostly neighbors, but then it turned out that a lot of Jon's family could come, too, and it was a special treat to have them!


Kitchen table



Happy Birthday sign




THE RACE...ok so we told every one to bring their wagons or strollers for a big race for the Piston Cup...and guess who won?!?! Jon's stroller w/ Anna Kate and Trey!!!! I wish I knew how to upload the video of it from our camera...it was in our alley and it it was great!!! I made up team names for all the familes like the Henry Hydrocrackers and put all their last names in front of made up words like: Dominaterrifics, Flashtastics, Gonnawinnuses, Roadrunners, Smokinnotpokins, Ofastulouses and the Mureen Machines :) Here's some of the sweet famlies that came...



























































I wanted to play "Red light, Green" light in the wagons/strollers after the race, but it looked like it was about to rain!


So we ate dinner.... And cake!!! JR blew out the candle! And visited and played...

Party favors.
JR got two stomp rockets which was perfect so Anna Kate and he could do them at the same time and "race" them....I had never heard of these until yesterday and they are the greatest toys ever! When she went to bed she revised her "Princess Party" she's been planning since last year and said, "Mommy, I want to have a Princess Race Party." Oh, it's been a long time in coming (over 2 years!), but we are SOOOOOOO thankful for neighbors and feeling like we are at home here and surrounded by people we love :) Thank you Lord!!!!!! :)

1 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Happy B-day JR! We love the stomp rocket too!!! Such fun :)