THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

This morning at the ob/gyn's office...

So I took Anna Kate and J.R. w/ me to my monthly ob/gyn appt this morning...I'd checked and double-checked there would be no "internal exam" and it would be just listening to the baby's heartbeat. Well, we did that pretty gracefully and sure enough there wasn't an internal exam, but then (surprise!) I had to sign all the pregnancy paperwork. Well, if you can picture me and my almost 3 yr. old and 1 yr. old in a tight office filled floor-to-ceiling with paperwork documents and for some strange reason they were both BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS TODAY while I'm signing papers to release liability if I need blood tranfusions, a c-section and for a circumcision if it's a boy and they had to tell me all this other information that went in one ear and right out the other. Thank the Lord the paperwork lady had a kind and patient attitude. Then we're told we need to head up for (surprise!) bloodwork...bloodwork and nursing are the two most terrible things about having children and no one really gives you a choice in either matter. So Anna Kate has to stay out in a waiting area by herself b/c she can't be by me while I'm giving blood b/c of more "liability," but I get to hold J.R. and he starts off o.k. and then when the blood's a flowing, he starts squirming like crazy so it keeps knocking out the needle from the vein and she keeps having to re-dig to get it flowing again and I see Anna Kate disappear down the hall while I'm pinned down literally and I'm thinking, this is crazy or I'm crazy, one or the other. And we get the same comment from every stranger we encounter the entire day which seems to be a lot of people and guess what it is? "You've got your hands full!" And I just spare them the fact that I'm there b/c I'm pregnant with my third b/c on days like this, one of us may pass out at the thought! And all I've got to show for this morning of blood and mom-valor is a super-bruised sore arm and two pooped kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why in the world did you take them with you? You were supposed to call me and I would have watched them. Tell me when your next appt. is.

emprice said...

Oh, April, bless your heart! Very sweet of you to try to loop your kiddos into the excitement. I admire your effort and wish you MUCH smoother appointments in the future ;)

If it is ANY consolation... your story telling was quite amuzing!