THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 18, 2009

I've got my work cut out for me...

We were "all" taking naps, but actually, unbeknownst to me, Anna Kate was awake and decided to paint. So after naps I see red paint on her and ask her if she was painting during her nap. She said no. She's started lying a lot lately. So we had a lesson about lying and why it is very bad and the terrible lie that Satan told Adam and Eve about God that ended up causing all the bad things in our whole world (like animals eating each other, and people eating animals, and always wanting things we don't have and not wanting to share the things we do have, and getting sick and having to get shots, and every one getting old and having to die, and hitting, and daddy having to leave us for work each day rather than us being together as a family all the time, and God being invisible to us on earth, and lots of dirt and trash). And then I realized how people really come into the world knowing absolutely nothing about how to behave properly (selflessly) and behaving inproperly (selfishly) is so instinctive and how it's my job as a parent to teach each of my children how to behave properly b/c no one else is going to do it, and gees, there is SO MUCH I need to teach them. It was kind of a wake-up call.

1 comments:

Family Snodgrass said...

I haven't even really reached the stage of moral teaching and I already feel like it's an overwhelmingly BIG job that looms ahead. And so very important. I'm not sure how we're supposed to do it, but I know God's grace is sufficient!