So I went to my high school reunion this weekend. Gabby totally saved the day and made it possible by watching the kids since she was already in Dallas. The weather was so bad that my parents took a "rain-check" on our original plan to meet in Waco.
I was really glad to get to see a few old dear friends like Brittany and Emily...but there were many other people that I was hoping to see that didn't come! I had no idea that it's normal for only 10-20% of the graduation class to show up for those things. People hadn't changed nearly as much as I thought they would in 10 years, either. Overall, I left feeling extremely thankful for my "real" grown-up mom-life and that I never have to go back to high school (or junior high for that matter) again.
We took a tour of the new high school...the choir room is exactly the same and we have lots of choir memories together. Choir, student council, theater and my spirit group and the 1st Baptist Woodway youth group were my "things" back then.
Jon and I stayed at the La Quinta since I don't have family living in Waco any more. The entry REALLY cracked us up...maybe we could get their decorator to "spice up" the entry to our house...haha!
We took a tour of the new high school...the choir room is exactly the same and we have lots of choir memories together. Choir, student council, theater and my spirit group and the 1st Baptist Woodway youth group were my "things" back then.
Jon and I stayed at the La Quinta since I don't have family living in Waco any more. The entry REALLY cracked us up...maybe we could get their decorator to "spice up" the entry to our house...haha!
1 comments:
I felt the same way about my reunion. No one had changed a bit. It was weird!
You are always welcome to our guest room anytime you're in Waco and don't want to pay for a hotel!
Post a Comment