THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Mammaw and Bubba's

We went to Bastrop 2 weeks ago to visit my parents while Jon worked late hours on the trial and went to Bryson's bachelor party fly-fishing in Wyoming. We had a lot of fun. I wish it weren't so far away so we could visit more often. We went to a barber shop downtown because J.R. really needed a haircut and has never had a "professional" one before since I'll just give him a buzz, but he pretty much just threw a fit and wanted "no haircup" at all. Meanwhile Anna Kate got up in the chair and looked at me and said, "Mommy, all I have ever wanted is a haircut." So I felt terrible for depriving her of one her whole life because she never has had enough hair to cut, and I told the barber to just take a tiny bit off the ends in the back. Oh, Anna Kate felt so beautiful getting a haircut while smiling at herself in the mirror. Meanwhile, my mom and I were trying to come up with all kinds of bribes to get J.R. to get a "haircup." And before we knew it Anna Kate had a mullet with the sides of her hair shorter than her chin and the back 3 or 4 inches longer, but she still felt beautiful :) Now I really felt guilty for not taking her to a cute girly place for her very 1st haircut, even if it was more expensive. I ended up cutting the back to make it even when we got home and she has a really short little bob right now.


J.R. kind of ended up cooperating by sitting him in my lap and promising him a peppermint.


Mammaw took us to a dinosaur park! The triceratops is Anna Kate's favorite dinosaur. She likes the dinosaurs that only eat plants :)



One morning a neighbor of my parents called and said he wanted to come show the kids what he'd caught in his trap last night. These racoons were MAD and MEAN. But these were the 2 luckiest racoons born in hunt-happy Texas to land in this trap because this sweet neighbor drives 30 minutes away to drop off and release all the wildlife he catches in his garden in this humane trap.




Bubba took the kids fishing in one of their neighborhood's many ponds. J.R.'s 1st fish!!! A wide-mouthed bass.





Anna Kate fishin with Bubba caught her first fish...this catfish!!






They also caught some little fish.







We released them all to go back and live long happy lives with their families :)








J.R. liked wearing his fishing boots the whole time...and played with cars.
Another huge highlight of the trip for Anna Kate was that she took her first private swim lessons while we were there and totally loved her teacher, Jennifer, and can now jump in and swim to the side by herself!!! She LOVES to swim :)






1 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad to see an update!! We've miss y'all and can't wait to see you (and AK's new 'do!) on Friday!