It always takes me a while to "recover" from traveling away from home. I don't know if we are more tired or why it is, but things just seem especially disorderly proceeding a trip and it really overwhelms me.
We totally cleaned out our car when we got home from our trip and only 2 days later, we have a laundry basket full of junk just from the car.
We have cars stuck in our blinds by their wheels. J.R. calls them his "stuck cars."
I asked Anna Kate to pick up this trash she put on the ground and she said, "It's manna God put on the ground."
We got a package - yay.
At least Caroline is getting baths more often b/c of her messy baby food meals. I love her precious rolls, but the down-side to them is that she is HUNGRY all the time...she eats baby food like a champ, but it's so messy and it seems to make her want even more milk!! I do NOT like nursing...it is my least favorite thing about having babies. I won't complain about nursing even though I'd really love to :)
They say being a stay-home mom is a full-time job, but I think feeding kids and bathing them and doing laundry is a full-time job...never mind all the other stuff you do!!
So what's been going on besides our messes, meals, laundry and getting Jon's "pleasure" reading books stuck in the after-hours library shoot because the books are too fat to fit?
So what's been going on besides our messes, meals, laundry and getting Jon's "pleasure" reading books stuck in the after-hours library shoot because the books are too fat to fit?
- my computer issues are causing me to switch to Jon's computer...getting our pictures trasferred and organized seems like a beast
- getting our house ready to put on the market (and my efforts are being severly hampered by lack of cooperation on the part of our wood-floor installer who will not fix our buckled floors...argh)
- looking for a new house in my favorite neighborhood in.the.world. (I'm really excited about moving to this place where every one knows every one and neighbors hang our with each other outdoors and there are tons of families with young kids!!!!)
- my NEVER-ENDING PURSUIT to keep the house from chronic CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) and to find a good system for producing 3 healthy, nourishing meals a day for all 5 of us on a regular basis
- Our fall activities start today...preschool, PTA, ballet/tap, Wed night church and MOPS...I'm just REALLY thankful I'm not on the boards for any of these things or in charge of anything, except...
- planning Anna Kate's 4th birthday Disney Princess party...which I majorly need to get on the ball for that...I always get stumped at which group of friends to invite? preschool friends? church friends? friends that go way-back? family? neighborhood friends? how do we come up with the perfect mix of all these great friends? anna kate wants to invite them all :)
- Oh and meanwhile Jon works long hours on his trial and goes to weddings on the weekends, but I'm thankful he has a job and that these weddings have given me a chance to get a taste of the lives of our worlds' true heroines, single moms -- how do they do it?!?! The glass is remains half-full in spite of the lemons in it...or soming like that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment