We went to San Antonio and Fredricksburg for our family vacation this year. We went to Schlitterbaun one day where we had quite a family adventure on a never-ending stressfully-scary rapids tube ride...none of the kids ever care to go back to Schlitterbaun and I am with them on that one. The positive highlights of the San Antonio part of the trip were the Riverwalk and an amazing mexican food restaurant. Then in Fredricksburg our friends from college met us and we stayed in cabins and that was really fun...especially to see our old friends Steve and Bryson and their sweet wives, Christina and Annie :)
We went to Luckenbach, Texas for some dancing this night! I don't remember the name of the band that was playing, but they said that someone needed to get a video of all of Anna Kate's dancing in the middle of the dance floor (she was the only one dancing to their music) and put it on YouTube, and Anna Kate was EXTREMELY flattered by that comment :)
At our "favorite restaurant" Marianos after the vacation...
...with more old friends from college, Danny and Scot and their sweet wives Lacy and Lindsay! We LOVE our old college friends!!!!!!!
I guess I'm just still learning to be selfless as a mom...do vacations really even exist anymore????...I just want to go on a vacation and relax and read and shop and do adult things and it just doesn't jive with kids...the vacation is one for Jon in that he gets to spend a lot more time than usual with his family and not have to work and it is a HUGE treat for ALL of us to get to be with him for a full week, but for me it really looks no different than every day where the things that I do are: hang out with, entertain and feed kids all day...so I've decided that family vacations just weren't really designed with moms in mind...I don't know, I feel like writing that sounds cynical and ungrateful that we get to take a family vacation at all and it really was fun and I am so thankful for the time together and memories....I'm sure other moms understand what I'm trying to say here. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment