Whenever I am 6 months pregnant, my nesting instinct hits with a vengeance. I just get all these great ideas for changes that MUST be made to our house. Maybe it's b/c I can't decorate a nursery since Peter will be sleeping in a pac-n-play in our closet for his first year (so the whole house becomes the nursery project?), I have no idea, but nesting is very bizarre...especially since I get crazy amounts of energy to paint and decorate that I NEVER have normally...even not pregnant!

It may be hard to tell b/c the before picture is from Christmas a few years ago, but we added molding to the bottom of the mantle and it looks much better.
Wall-papered the entry.
Painted this couch upstairs green with fabric medium and paint and re-did the whole upstairs...I don't recommend doing this to your couch...the couch makes a pretty significant "crunch" when you sit on it :) But the color is far-preferable. I also painted the accent tables turquoise and just redecorated the whole room so that it was not just the room for all our random ugly furniture.

Before and after...and after again...I got the chair in the first picture and I had it recovered with the red paisley fabric, but it was too dark and clashed with my wood floors, so I had it re-recovered with this fabulous bird fabric and it was perfect. I have the best husband EVER :)
Now it's an accent wall in the sunroom/playroom.
I repainted this bathroom in the same color b/c the original paint I used was flat and it needed a satin finish to look right in the bathroom.
I think I'm done. I'm very pooped :)


1 comments:
I LOVE when you do your post blasts! Wow, I'm pooped just reading about all those updates. You're amazing. So happy for y'all about the new baby. I hope you get a little relief from the misery soon.
Post a Comment