THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Extravaganza...

Anna Kate spent the beginning of Thanksgiving week with Gabby and Papa (Jon's parents) and we brought her over to my parent's house Thanksgiving morning after Jon, J.R. and I drove down for Thanksgiving lunch.

Anna Kate with my sister, Anna, and her boyfriend, Jeff, she met at work.

Anna Kate with Mammaw (my mom) in the kitchen...where Mammaw spends most of her time because she cooks 3 homeade meals a day EVERY day...totally exhausts me to think of doing that every day and having it all ready at the exact same times every day like she does. Suffice to say, Thankgiving lunch for 12 people was no sweat for Mammaw.

J.R. with Bubba (my dad).




Anna Kate and J.R. waiting for their food.



Now we're all at Gabby and Papa's house (Jon's parents) and this is Jon's grandmother, Sugar. She's 80 something, but you'd never know it...and she's modeling in a prescription drug shoot soon! She's really dear. She did TONS of cooking for Jon's family's Thanksgiving lunch which was over 20 people. Can you see Caroline in my tummy? She's about 6 months along and I already feel HUGE!





J.R. doing his favorite thing. VROOM...






Anna Kate with her cousin, Elaine. She and Elaine love to play together. Just this morning Anna Kate told me she loves her cousin Elaine and wants to see her again. Sorry no better picture.
THE CAJUN FRIED TURKEY
was the best turkey I have ever eaten. This is how Uncle Brian did it.....





































WHOA!!! Don't try this at home :)












And an hour later it was totally YUMMO!
And after many frustrating and failed attempts to get a Christmas picture of the kids in their Christmas outfits...we got one Sunday night at our new neighborhood park.











Not this picture....














Not this picture....













This one!! Phew it's like climbing the Rock of Gibralter to get to toddlers to stay and smile at the same time and this is the best we got...

So after this year's Thanksgiving Extravaganza with visits to both our parents' houses back-to-back, we're all totally exhausted and the kids actually got sick from being so tired. Anna Kate got really sick and didn't sleep much Thursday night (which meant Jon and I didn't sleep much) so I didn't get many pics of her w/ Jon's family because she was walking around in a shirt and panties on Friday (the day we celebrated with his family) and we headed home Friday night, a day earlier than planned. Anna Kate and J.R. each threw up twice in the car on the way home which is a long drive down I-35 and it pretty much makes me miserable every time we do it with the kids...so we don't do it often....until Christmas...
But the good new is (well, you're not going consider this "good" news if you are a total "Mrs. Claus" at Christmas) I have a great excuse to not to have to decorate for Christmas this year because of Jon's knee surgery he can't carry down the tree and decorations from the attic and I can't because I'm pregnant and we'll be spending Christmas with our parents anyway...PHEW! One less thing to deal with is one less thing to deal with! That's my new motto.














0 comments: