So J.R. is going to preschool one day a week this year and needs a nap-mat...so I go to Ebay (where I buy everything besides groceries) and there are some for $20, but the cute ones are $50-$150...so I think, "I (meaning my mom b/c she can sew anything for me) can make a cute one for cheaper than that." Long story short...this homeade nap mat set was $60 ($6 kindermat, $20 fabric and ribbon, $15 pillow, $15 blanket).
Same story second verse with JR's birthday cake...they are $55 to buy a cute one, so I can make one...but buying all the supplies puts me at the same price, not to mention the time and anxiety I could save myself!! And then when things go wrong and you have to re-buy things...like I painted this cake topper...and J.R. accidentally broke it! Then added a little of his own artistic touch to it since he's been dying to help with painting things for his party...


0 comments:
Post a Comment