I've got to say that I miss the days of Sunday School at church...not little Sunday School for kids, but adult Sunday School! Things I LOVE about Sunday School:
- every one who comes to your church on Sunday is invited :)
- it's a great place to meet and make friends
- it draws people to church who need people in their lives, whereas just visiting a service does not
- it creates "familiar faces" at church so much more quickly
- it's a 'fellowship home-base' for Christians in your age and life-stage
- you are missed if you didn't go to church that week
- it's doing life together b/c it's a guaranteed event together each week
- you get to study the Word by discussing it which helps it stick in my brain SO MUCH BETTER than just listening to it preached
- it gives you a group of families that you can pray for and grow together and raise your kids together
Churches around here, have done away with it in exchange for "home groups." Home groups are fine and I think that once a month they are great in addition to Sunday School, but they are not a good replacement in my opinion. Churches just seem more hospitable and user-friendly and connected with Sunday School classes for every one. This is one social butterfly who REALLY hopes that Sunday School comes back in "church-style" soon :)
1 comments:
I think the main difference is that home groups take a lot more work and commitment... child care, etc... however, I think more life change occurs in home groups. Our group challenges us 3x a month and daily by email etc... Did you all find the right fit?!!
ps- we sent Anna Kate a litter today and wouldn't you know I dropped it in the mailbox without a stamp. We will have to send another one!
Post a Comment