THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Living More With Less...

Is the title of the book I am currently reading along with some others I got from the public library on saving money and living simply b/c ideally that what I would love to do...I really like it in that it is stretching me b/c it is a whole new way of thinking...
  1. Don't throw away the weeds you pick! For example, the yellow dandelion flowers in your yard are delicious dipped in batter and fried!
  2. Raid the dumpsters behind grocery stores in the winter (b/c the weather keeps the food fresh) for barely expired dairy, meat and lots of salvagable produce (when you cut around the bad spots).
  3. Make homeade sandals out of worn-out tires (there's a pattern for how to do it) and they are the most comfortable shoes you will ever wear and they will last 20 years.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I am sorry but raiding the dumpster sounds gross and unsanitary!