I want to be cremated for the following reasons:
- so no strangers see me naked when those funeral home people dress me for the open-casket
- Just in case there's any life in me when they pump in those preservative chemicals, or worse, after they pump them in and I'm buried
- i just don't like the thought of decaying all by myself underground someday
In spite of all this, Jon says he'll bury me for theological reasons. Well, as long as he's buried right next to me, I guess I'll survive.
2 comments:
JD says the same thing to me. After seeing two of my grandparents' funerals recently, I decided I didn't want a grand casket in the ground with my body in it. It just seems wasteful. Anyway, I told him if he insisted on burying me, I better be in a pine box. I also asked JD questions like, what about people who were burned at the stake and were Christians? or What about people who die in house fires? ect., etc. He didn't have an answer for that, though.
Lol! I just keep thinking that it doesn't really matter what happens to my body after I die because I won't be around - hopefully I'll already be enjoying real life. And theologically - if God can do anything and He is going to give us a resurrected body, does it matter what happens to the body on earth?
Post a Comment