I've noticed a total connection between Anna Kate's t.v. watching and bad behavior. The only things she watches are Sesame Street, Curious George & Clifford, so it's not like she's watching violent t.v. or commercials. On days we do not watch any t.v. she is calmer, less apt to hit people and wine and make destructive messes and she is more obedient and responsive to me and more creative in her play and content in general (as long as she's well-rested and well-fed which are ESSENTIAL to her ability to function politely). And then I found this article. Jon and I watch t.v. so rarely, the only show we have ever watched regularly is 24, so it makes me want to totally get rid of the t.v. so I'm never tempted to emply the electronic babysitter/pacifier. Any thoughts?
Hope for the Limping Soul
13 years ago
2 comments:
I've noticed it more with sleeping...If Ellie watches something right before nap she won't go down very easy at all. However, if we read etc... it makes her very sleepy and more calm.
We never saw that at all with Jon or his sisters. They all watched TV but they were good shows like Sesame Street. Seems odd that educational or fun shows like that would cause that behavior. Perhaps she isn't burning enough energy if she sits and just watches TV?
Post a Comment