THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Book Club…

Just kidding, I'm not in one, but I have been reading a lot lately. I wish I had a book club, but the books I like are nerdy…and nonfiction...and somewhat random. For example the most recent books I have read have been about: eating healthy, Women’s health, Passionaries (how people got the idea for the non-profits they started), about foster families, how we can better care for our elderly citizens, about families with children with disabilities, how to help poor people without hurting them, Catholic theology by Scott Hahn (love it…he sheds an amazing perspective on the gospel that I've never thought about before), sexual intimacy in marriage, an amazing book about when babies/children die called Safe in the Arms of God and what I want to read: parenting parenting parenting books like The Baffled Parent’s Guide to Stopping Bad Behavior (I am SOOO that baffled parent!!!), child brain development, about the oppression of women throughout the world, about Cambodia and other countries whose people have experienced grave oppression. The consoling thing is that the books Jon reads for pleasure are SO MUCH nerdier than mine…trust me…the titles are freaking paragraphs with words I can’t even pronounce. Love him.

0 comments: