THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Healthy cupcakes made of garbonzo bean flour...


So I got my heart set on having healthy, albeit yummy, cupcakes for JR's 3rd bday party since it was in the morning and I thought it would be a way to serve our friends (the parents of his guests) to not give their kids sugar and junk food. So the only recipes I found without refined sugar or artificial sugar were gluten-free so I went with a recipe from Babycakes that won "Best Cupcake in NYC." Then I spent a small fortune on the ingredients (things like arrowroot and agave nectar and garbonzo bean flour and coconut oil and such), much to the chagrin of Jon. After I made them and served them...I realized...something can't be healthy for you unless it's eaten (these weren't). However, I do hope to experiment substituting agave nectar for sugar in traditional cake recipes... P.S. Jon and J.D. were never able to get the icing to thicken.

0 comments: