THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I love Luby's...


it's in my top 3 favorite restaurants of all time with Houston's and Trulux. Just all those delicious southern vegetables and their fruit salad can't be beat in my opinion. So I was feeling exhausted yesterday and thought, "My iron must be low," so I called my friend Carrie to see if she wanted to go to Luby's so I could get Liver and Onions, and she said, "Yes." So we're in line and I'm STARVING and every thing looks so amazing, so I get a LuAnn Platter with some extra veggie sides (for the kids to eat) and a blue jello for Anna Kate and guess what our bill was after tipping the waiter $2....it was $17.49!!!!!!!!! Isn't that EXPENSIVE?!?!?! I wish I could say I bought Carrie's too, but I did not. I feel horrible that I ate a lunch that was that expensive.....but then I remembered that it fed 4 people (me, Anna Kate, J.R., growing baby) so maybe it was ok, but I still think it was too much money....and I don't know if I should blame myself or blame Luby's for being too expensive. Did we eat all the food? Pretty much... It was good, too.

2 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

Call me anytime cause I love it. I grew up going there with my family and grandparents. Mike's not a fan....I try to share my meal with the kids and I know on Wed. I think kids are free. We should totally meet there sometime for lunch. The one in Richardson is really nice and clean. Your bill does sound expensive??

Kylie said...

Luby's makes me feel less guilty for eating out since it's veggies and stuff! However, I agree with you, it is so expensive. The last time we ate there I thought that. It's a shame that what is good for you is expensive and the stuff that'll kill you young is cheap :)