THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Our vacation to Colorado...

We had a great time! Especially because we got to spend the week with families from our church. But I'm not excited about going on any more vacations anytime soon...they are overrated in my opinion...there's no place like home. We actually left a day early to get home. I'M POOPED.

Jon and I hiking the Horn Lakes trail.

In a beautiful aspen forest.

Anna Kate coloring with the other kids in the "mini-lodge."






Anna Kate loved fetching our balls while Jon and I "played" tennis :)



Carefully feeding the pony a flower.





A beautiful cloud pic Jon took on his mega-hike.







Jon did the MEGA HIKE to the top of Horn Peak...the altitude was something crazy like 14,000 feet and it took him an entire day. Every one who did it said it was the most physically challenging thing they'd ever done...I obviously opted out.






morning push-ups (you couldn't have paid me enough to nose plant my nose in that carpet)









morning sit-ups (hopefully she'll have her father's disciplined nature)









dinner with Mamaw, Bubba and Aunt Anna (pictured) when we got back to Dallas...JR did great staying with them!!! But he was a little confused (he kept looking at us like we were back from the dead) that first evening we were back. I think he gained a pound or two...or maybe just a few extra rolls here and there :)










Reunited with "sisters"










Also, after we got home from our vacation, our friends from UVA law, the Graves, visited us this weekend. Anna Kate LOVED having them read to her and called them A-bean and Duner....

Other highlights from the vacation: "musical cabins," Anna Kate catching her pancakes for breakfast, white-water rafting at Noah's Ark and seeing a rainbow on the drive home :), making puppy ears for JR's 1st bday party, playing a German card game, watching the movie Second Chance and feeling inspired by it, listening to To Kill a Mockingbird on tape during the 12 hour drive up and back.











0 comments: